Thursday 17 April 2014

hair love

first off, i want to apologize that there will be no pictures in this post. my phone and laptop have decided they don't want to be friends lately. but i'll do my best to give you links to the things i am talking about so if you wish to purchase them you may!

ever since i turned 18 my hair has given me constant grief. my hair before the age of 18 wasn't too much of a hassle other than the fact that it wasn't to nice natural so i would have to straighten it. it always stayed healthy and soft though. once i went to university my hair started breaking off super easily, it felt brittle and dry, lost some shine, and got frighteningly thin (for me at least). it started to lead me to feel a little sad, no one wants ugly hair! I tried to figure out why this was happening. nothing had changed though. the weather in the area my university was in was the same as it was in my hometown, i was using the same products and still treating it with the love i gave it at home. so, really i have no idea what caused it, perhaps stress or maybe it was just a coincidence and it was going to happen to me no matter if i had moved away from home or not. anyways i realized i had to change my hair routine a little because my old routine just wasn't working out for me anymore.

now i've always had relatively thin hair but it's constantly gotten thinner the older i get. so i've always been hesitant to put any extra conditioning treatments in my hair in fear of it making my hair greasy and weighed down. my hair is extremely greasy on it's own. i can have a shower in the morning and it be greasy by 5pm that same day, and no, i don't touch my hair throughout the day. it's just greasy, that's the way i am! in the past couple of years this whole hair oil thing has gotten extremely popular. i wasn't into it, because i thought "my hair doesn't need anymore oil than it's already got!" but my mom came home one day with Moroccan Oil Hydrating Styling Cream it is amazing. my mom has a similar hair type to me and was looking for something that would hydrate her ends without affecting the rest of her hair too much. it smells heavenly and does a really good job of hydrating with out weighing the hair down. but remember, it's all about portion control, if you use too much it might make you hair oily looking. a little goes a long way!

i also use Icon's India Oil on a regular basis. i only use one of these two oil's at a time though, it's either one or the other. India oil smells heavenly as well, but it is a much thicker oil. i like to put a very small amount of india oil in my ends while my hair is still wet before i blow dry it. it keeps your hair soft and smooth throughout the day. i also put a rather generous amount on the ends before i go to bed at night because i don't really mind if my hair looks oily while i sleep. i wash it every morning anyway so it's not a problem for me.

both oils have helped my hair from breaking as frequently and i highly recommend both!

stay cheeky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...