Friday 20 September 2013

how to make your hair dye last longer

so, as some of you may know, i reverse ombre-ed my locks a week or so ago and i loved it! well, actually i still do, but i have a little problem...it's almost all washed out! i was warned by my hairdresser that red hair is actually the hardest to dye because of it's bright colour, bright highlights and just it's over-all red tone! apparently it just doesn't like to hold on to dye. *sigh*

anyways, i'm pretty cheesed that it's basically washed out in only 6 days seeing as it was done with permanent dye! i was hoping my hair would hold it's colour. of course, i can go back to my hairdresser and try it again but she's pretty busy and i'm pretty poor...post university problems :/ so i've been sort of bummed about that but i now know that i have to do certain things if i want my hair to keep it's new colour for when i get it done again next time!

here are my tips to have your hair dye last longer:

1. don't wash your hair as often. however, if you are like me, that's not really an option. i have extremely greasy hair. i can shower in the morning and my hair will be greasy by 5pm. it's horrible. i've always been that way though so don't tell me it's because i shower too often, that's a myth my friends--greasy people need to shower daily. but i have a semi-solution to this problem, try using baby powder or spray in shampoo like batiste to buy yourself an extra day. or just wear your hair up and hope no one comments on your unwashed hair :).

2. wash your hair with cold or tepid water.

3. use colour enhancing shampoos or shampoos that protect dyed hair.

4. use hair dyes that have little or no red tone to them, those are the ones that wash out fastest! (that includes auburn and warm browns).

5. use permanent dye not semi or demi permanent they won't last very long at all.

stay cheeky!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...