Thursday 4 July 2013

Summer Travels

Hello CC readers!

Every summer my family and I go on a summer trip. Sometimes we just go to one place, but we often go to two just because we can't pick just one place! Last summer I was lucky enough to go to Las Vegas and then Exuma in the Bahamas. Both were awesome! Las Vegas is so weird to me, it is literally a city in the middle of the desert. Flying over the barren land to this lively and exciting place is unreal to say the least. It was easily one of the hottest place I had ever been, it wasn't humid it was dry heat, like that heat that rushes out of a hot oven except it was constant. I didn't mind it at all though, I like it hot!


our house in las vegas
My mom's boyfriend is one of those people who likes to experience everything. If there is something to do, we're doing it. He always does research to find out all the best restaurants, best scenes and places that the locals would go to but not necessarily the tourists. I love that he's like that because I feel like I always get the most out of every trip we ever go on. I never leave a place wishing I had done something. We never miss a thing. 
     
at a little restaurant (I can't for the life of me remember the name of this place!)                                                
It was an amazing place. We were only there for four days but, man, those days were packed with things to see and do. I was lucky enough to visit sin city once, but I'm even more lucky because I am going back there again this summer, and I can't wait! 
driving around red canyon park
Exuma was SO beautiful. In all of my travels I have never seen a place with such perfect, clean, clear, blue water. It was literally incredible how perfect it was. The people there were so nice and happy. Everywhere we went there were people greeting us with a friendly hello and a smile. 

the buildings were so colourful I loved it!
We stayed in Exuma for two weeks. I know it doesn't sound like too long, but I honestly felt like a local  by the time we left. I was an island girl as far as I was concerned, beach hair, freckles everywhere, and bathing suit attire all day. It was ridiculously hot here as well, but much more humid. Luckily the ocean was just a short walk from our house, and we had a nice pool, so we could cool down when the heat got too much.

our house in exuma
We went to a different beach everyday just because we could. All of them were awesome, but, tropic of cancer beach was definitely the best. It had the whitest, softest sand and the swimming/snorkelling was great. There were no rocks, or grossness (is that even a word?) underneath us while we were swimming, just perfect sand. I saw a baby octopus (I made it ink, whoops), a barracuda (scariest s*** ever), and loads of pretty fish.


my mom swimming at tropic of cancer beach
We went to a place called Stocking island which is just a small little island but it had these HUGE stingrays that came and swam around everyone who was swimming at the island. It was an amazing experience but they all still had their barb thingers at the ends of there tails which scared me a bit. You could feed them as well but my mom's boyfriend got bit and I was like "I'll pass." 

as you can see, they were quite large stingrays
They also had this really cool little restaurant/snack shack called Chat n Chill. It was cool, the roof had hundreds of t-shirts all over it and the atmosphere was literally chill. While you are there, they give you permanent markers and they said you can leave your name to let people know you were here. We are a group of 9...and we went a little buckwild. Needless to say the place was covered with our names and Canadian flags after we left haha. 



at the chat n chill
Another day we went to a restaurant called Santana's. Not only was the food ah-mah-zing, but we found out that while filming one of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Johnny Depp ate there. Johnny Depp... ate there...*faints.* It also had one of the chillest dogs I've ever met, he was such a cutie. 


one of the many pictures of Johnny Depp just casually having a beer with the owner of Santana's -- she said he was one of the nicest people ever which makes me very happy
the chillest dog ever
We also went to a restaurant called Charlie's which had a great vibe as well, great music and people. But, later on in our trip my mom's boyfriend had researched this boat tour, cruise thing which looked like a lot of fun. It was kind of expensive (I think it was around $300 CA per person but I could be wrong) but it was THE MOST FUN I'VE EVER HAD. It is a full day excursion but you do so much. We got to see huge, live starfish, swam with nerf sharks (they're like babies and harmless), swam with exuma's famous swimming pigs (actually hilarious), lunch at one of the nicer yacht club's restaurants, you get to swim in an under water cave that's not really under water... it's hard to explain but it was unreal, we got to stop at Nicholas Cage's island which is COVERED in iguanas for some reason and got to feed them, and finally we visited the sand bar where Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed.
mom, a starfish and I
horrible picture but I swam with the pigs, you didn't have to but I couldn't pass up the opportunity 
they were giant
mr. iguana
We had so much fun in Exuma and I miss it, I would go back in a heartbeat. This summer my family and I were supposed to be going to Hawaii which I was stoked about but it turns out, not too many flights leave for Hawaii and our group is so large that it would be hard to get 7 seats on the same plane, so the possibilities right now are up in the air! I'm thinking Greece but we'll see ;) Anyways, I'll keep you guys updated with my travels. I'll make some posts while I'm on the trips and afterwards as well. I hope that you guys keep checking in to see what's up! Let me know if you have any suggestions of places we should visit or if you're going on any trips yourself! I'd love to hear what you guys are up too!


Til next time! 

Stay Cheeky :)
                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...