Saturday 27 July 2013

the more the merrier

if someone were to tell me what my life would be like right now 6 years ago i would never have believed them. after my parents got divorced i felt sort of broken and that i had lost that sense of family. but now, i have a bigger family than i could have ever imagined. the pessimist in me didn't like change and had a hard time accepting new people into my life. this mindset made me quite negative but as i've gotten older the optimist in me has come out and allowed me to welcome new opportunities as well as new people into my life, the more the merrier, right?

i don't really talk to my dad much anymore but i wish him well with what ever he is doing in his life right now. as for my mom, she met her boyfriend a year and a half or so ago and has fallen head over heels with him. i wasn't very accepting of him coming in to my life at first because i was still dealing with my parents divorce and was in a negative mindset, which i feel bad about now. but i can't take back my broody teenage attitude and can only move forward from there. along with my mom's boyfriend came his three daughters. i have to admit i felt a little weird having three younger girls coming into my life as well. it just felt like it was so much change in such a short amount of time. but just as any new friendships or relationships start out, it's always a little rocky and awkward. we are all pretty far in age, my sisters and I are ten or more years older than his youngest and almost just as far in age with his older two. i remember thinking "how are we ever going to bond?, we are at such different stages in our lives," but it's actually a great mix! i think if we were all around the same age there would have been more competition between us or that awful teenage/preteen resistance where no one would want to talk to each other because they're "too cool." my sisters and I are all adults and his kids (except his oldest who is 14) are still in that stage where they are starting to get older but still those innocent little kids inside. it didn't take very long at all before we were all being our weird selves around each other, probably because we went on a two week vacation together after just a couple weeks of us all meeting! they are the sweetest girls and i feel lucky that i now have three new sisters, who would have guessed i'd be a part of a family of 8! not me that's for sure!

it's a little crazy how much life can change in such a short amount of time. i mean, i went from feeling like i lost my family and later went on to gain a family almost twice it's original size. i'm sad that i don't talk to my dad much anymore but i know how quickly things can change so who knows what will happen in the future! i'm pretty happy with my life right now and i feel blessed. i'm still trying to have that optimist attitude and seeing all that that will bring me.


the gang

sorry for that incredibly long post but tell me about your family! i'd love to hear :)

stay cheeky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...